It's very simple. You just type the provided example text. Everything else is done automatically. However, at any time you can see your detailed statistics in the profile.
If you are not satisfied with your learning rate, or stuck at a particular letter, you can always increase the alphabet size or lesson length in the settings, so that you don't have to wait for the algorithm to include more letters to the generated words. You can also include capital letters and punctuation characters to the alphabet.
Last, but not least, if you are not satisfied by the automatic lessons, you can always switch to the manual mode and provide your own custom text to type out. You can even import a web site or blog into Keybr.com.
For maximal comfort and typing speed please follow these simple rules:
- Place your hands on the keyboard appropriately, so that your left forefinger is on the ‘F’ key, and the right one is on the ‘J’ key. You should feel the bump at the bottom of each of these keys.
- Group keys in zones and only use appropriate finger for each key. Use the illustration below to learn which finger is responsible for every key.
- Always return fingers to the initial position after each keystroke.
- Try not to look at the keyboard, but look at the screen only. If you are stuck, use the virtual keyboard to find the proper key.
- Please do not rush. First learn to type accurately, and only then improve your typing speed.
Remember, practice makes perfect, so do not give up early. For most people it takes at least several hours of practice to get to the decent speed. The optimal schedule is to study typing for 20-40 minutes daily. In a week you will see a difference.